DEFINITIONS, CHARACTERISTICS AND APPLICATION OF THE LEGISLATION
Cookies are small text files that the sites you visit send and record on your computer or mobile device, and are then retransmitted to the same sites the next time you visit. Thanks to cookies, a site remembers the actions and preferences of the user (such as, for example, login data, the language chosen, font size, other display settings, etc..) so that they do not have to be indicated again when the user returns to visit that site or navigate from one page to another of it. Cookies, therefore, are used to perform computer authentication, session monitoring and storage of information regarding the activities of users accessing a site and may also contain a unique identification code that allows you to keep track of your navigation within the site for statistical or advertising purposes. While browsing a site, you may also receive cookies from sites or web servers other than the one you are visiting on your computer or mobile device (so-called “third party” cookies).
technically necessary for the very operation of the site.
There are various types of cookies, depending on their characteristics and functions, and they may remain on the user’s computer or mobile device for different periods of time: so-called session cookies, which are automatically deleted when the browser is closed; so-called persistent cookies, which remain on the user’s device until a set deadline.
Technical cookies are cookies used for the sole purpose of “transmitting a communication over an electronic communication network, or to the extent strictly necessary for the provider of an information society service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user to provide such a service” (art. 122, paragraph 1, of the Code) and therefore serve to perform navigation or to provide a service requested by the user. They are not used for other purposes and are normally installed directly by the website operator. Technical cookies can be divided into:
- navigation or session cookies, which guarantee normal navigation and use of the website. These
cookies are essential because they allow you to move from one section of the website to another and to use the services provided by the website, such as browsing as a registered user or access to secure areas, which would not otherwise be available;
- cookie analytics (or performance), which are assimilated to technical cookies when used directly by
the operator of the site to collect information on the number of users and how they visit the site, or on the possible presence of error messages sent by the site during navigation. These cookies do not collect information that can identify visitors: the information is collected in aggregate and anonymous form and is used solely for the purpose of improving the site;
- functionality cookies, which allow the user to navigate according to a series of selected criteria
(for example, language) in order to improve the service provided to the same and to customize the offer to the user to optimize the browsing experience. Information is generally collected anonymously and does not include browsing other websites.
- Cookies with data compiled by the user (session identifiers), of the duration of a session or persistent cookies limited to a few hours in some cases;
- authentication cookies, used for the purposes of authenticated services, for the duration of a session;
- user-centred security cookies, used to detect authentication abuses, for a limited persistent duration;
- session cookies for media players, such as “flash” player cookies, that last for one session;
- Session cookies for load balancing, for the duration of a session;
- persistent cookies to customize the user interface, for the duration of a session (or a little longer);
- Cookies for sharing content via third party social plug-ins, for members of a social network who have logged in;
Profiling cookies are cookies designed to create user profiles and are used to send advertisements in line with the preferences expressed by the user when surfing the web. Due to the particular invasiveness that these cookies may have in the private sphere of users, European and Italian legislation require that the user must be adequately informed about the use of them and express their valid consent to their use. Article 122 of the Code refers to profiling cookies, where it states that “the storage of information in the terminal equipment of a contractor or a user or access to information already stored is permitted only on condition that the contractor or user has given his consent after being informed in the simplified manner referred to in Article 13, (Article 122, paragraph 1, of the Code).
Third-party cookies, on the other hand, are those cookies that, while browsing, the user may receive on his terminal from different sites or web servers (so-called “third-party” cookies): this happens because there may be elements on the site, such as, for example, images, maps, sounds, specific links to web pages of other domains that reside on servers other than that on which the page requested is located. In other words, these cookies are set directly by web site operators or servers other than the Site. These third parties may in theory set cookies when you visit the Site and thus obtain information about the fact that you have visited our website.
TYPES OF COOKIES USED BY THE SITE
The Site uses the following types of cookies, and offers the possibility of de-selection of the same, except for third party cookies for which the user must refer directly to the mode of selection and de-selection of the respective cookies, indicated by links:
- Technical cookies – navigation or session – strictly necessary for the operation of the Site or to allow the user to take advantage of the content and services requested by them.
- Cookie analytics, which allow the operator of the Site to understand how this is used by users. These cookies do not collect any information about your identity or any personal data. Information shall be handled in an aggregated and anonymous form.
- Functionality cookies, used to activate specific functions of the Site and a number of selected criteria (for example, language, products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service rendered.
- Third party cookies, i.e. cookies from sites or web servers other than the Owner’s, used for the purposes of these third parties, including analytical and profiling cookies, to allow the display of content hosted on external platforms and interact with them (eg YouTube). Please note that these third parties, listed below with the relevant hyperlinks to privacy policies, act as independent data controllers of the data collected through the cookies they send, so the user must refer to their policies for processing personal data, information and any consent forms (selection and de- selection of their cookies)
ATTENTION: by disabling technical and/or functionality cookies, the Site may not be available or certain services or functions of the Site may not be available or may not function properly, and you may be forced to modify or manually enter certain information or preferences each time you visit the Site.
WHO IS REQUIRED TO PROVIDE THE INFORMATION AND TO REQUEST THE CONSENT OF COOKIES
- First part profiling cookies:
- The owner of the website that installs profiling cookies is required to provide the information and request consent. We remind you that this site does not use first-part profiling cookies.
- Third-party profiling cookies
- For third party cookies installed through the site, the obligations of information and consent are on the third party, but the owner of the site, as a technical intermediary between them and users, is required to include in the “extended” information links to the updated information and consent forms of the third party itself. The owner of this site has no access to the information collected by third party cookies, which are used independently by the managers of these services.
HOW TO DISABLE COOKIES
a) By browser configuration
The user can decide whether or not to accept cookies. You can use your Internet browser settings for this purpose. Most browsers allow you to manage (view, enable, disable and delete) cookies through your settings.
Please refer to your browser’s user manual to find out how to manage cookies. The following is a non-exhaustive example of how to find the instructions provided by the manufacturers of the most common browsers:
- Chrome: for more information visit the dedicated page
- Mozilla Firefox: for more information visit the dedicated page
- Internet Explorer: for more information visit the dedicated page
- Safari: for more information visit the dedicated page
- Opera: for more information visit the dedicated page
The above links may be subject to variations in time not due to the site. The same information is, however, easily available using a search engine.
If your browser is not present, please refer to the cookie information provided by your browser. If you are using a mobile phone, consult its manual for more information.
Following the disabling of cookies through the settings of the browser, please remember the need to always provide through the same to delete those already present before the disabling itself.
N.B.: by indiscriminately blocking the reception of all cookies, including technical cookies, without providing for a specific exception for the Site, you may no longer be able to browse the Site or use all or part of its features. In addition, by deleting all cookies from your browser, technical cookies may also be removed and, therefore, you may remove the preferences you set using the Site or no longer find the products or services in your shopping cart.
b) By the means made available by third parties
This site may use third-party cookies in certain sections. Among these, the main ones are:
|THIRD PARTY THAT STORES USER INFORMATION||LINK TO THIRD PARTY INFORMATION||LINK TO THE THIRD PARTY CONSENT FORM|
|Google Analytics – Youtube – AdSense||Link||Link|
|Link||Login to your account. Privacy section.|
|Unione Buddista Italiana||Link||–|
N.B.: the above links may be subject to variations in time not due to the site. The same information is, however, easily available using a search engine.
c) Through the website www.youronlinechoices.com
For information and to disable profiling cookies provided by third parties, you can also use the site:
Your Online Choices is a website managed by the non-profit European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA), the Italian version of which is available at www.youronlinechoices.eu/it/, which provides information on behavioural advertising based on profiling cookies and allows Internet users to easily oppose (opt-out) the installation of the main profiling cookies installed by advertisers and used on websites. Before using this tool, we recommend that you carefully read the general terms and conditions of service of Your Online Choices, the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and the User Guide (HELP).
On our site there are social buttons/widgets depicting the icons of some social networks (e.g. facebook). These buttons allow users who are browsing the sites to interact with a “click” directly with the social networks represented there. In this case, the social network acquires data relating to the user’s visit, while the Owner will not share any navigation information or user data acquired through its site with social networks accessible through social buttons / widgets.
As noted above, the duration of cookies depends on their nature: session cookies expire when the user closes the browser; persistent cookies remain in the terminal when the browser is closed for a certain time. Storage times are fixed by the server at the time of their creation.
To exercise the above rights or for any other request please write to:
Association for the Meditation of Awareness (VIipassanā) – A.Me.Co.
• Address: Vicolo d’Orfeo, 1 – 00193 Rome
• Telephone (+39) 06 68 65 148
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org